The Airplane Factory Sling 2 is a South African two-seater light aircraft designed and produced by The Airplane Factory in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The Sling is a two-seat, low wing, all metal aircraft with tricycle landing gearmade from composites.
The aircraft is powered by a 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912 IS engine which drives a 3-bladed Warp Drive Inc propeller.
The airplane features a sliding canopy, large fuel tanks, and standard equipment includes a “glass cockpit” style display.
Mike Blyth began working on the design of the Sling 2 in 2006. The first prototype was completed in 2008, the Sling made its first flight on November 18, 2008.
A full testing programme followed, with the help of a South African military aerodynamicist, which was completed in 2009. Blyth and partner James Pitman then flew the 2nd prototype around the world to accomplish a challenging circumnavigation.
- Crew: One pilot
- Capacity: One passenger
- Length: 21.9 feet (6.68 meters)
- Wingspan: 30.1 feet (9.17 meters)
- Height: 8.2 feet (2.49 meters)
- Wing area: 127.5 sq ft (11.85 sq metres)
- Empty weight: 794 lb (360 kg)
- Loaded weight: 1320 lb (600 kg)
- Useful load: 526 lb (240 kg)
- Max. takeoff weight: 1320 lb (600 kg)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS variable pitch, 100 hp (73 kW)
- Propeller diameter: 70 inch (178 cm)
- Fuel Capacity: 39.6 U.S. gallons (150 liters)
- Baggage Capacity: 77 lb (35 kg)
- Never exceed speed: 135 knots (155 mph)
- Maximum speed: 120 knots (138 mph)
- Cruise speed: 110 knots (126 mph)
- Stall speed: 45 knots (52 mph)
- Range: 800+ nm (1500+ km)
- Service ceiling: 12,000 feet (3,657 meters)
- Rate of climb: 900 ft/min (4.57 m/s)
The number one specialized essay composing services provides you with custom-made paperwork of high quality for cheap expense. Decide on appropriately freelance writer to become essay penned in certain hours and hours pay for essay