General Radio Licence
LIFETIME VALIDITY RT LICENSE
Who should attend?
• Student pilots busy completing their CPL training (Fixed wing & Helicopter)
Note – You should ideally have successfully completed your radio aids commercial examination prior to making application to attend this course.
• Any person interested in VHF communication between pilot & ATC.
Note – In this instance you will only be able to be issued with a certificate of attendance as a person needs to complete their full PPL training before they can be issued with a radio license.
How often are these courses presented?
• The course is normally presented every alternative month (Is dependant on total attendance meeting the minima)
What is the duration of this course presentation?
• The course is presented over a 1 Day period.
• Weekend courses are also available.
What is the course content?
• The course consists of the following:
1. All the theoretical modules as per the laid down syllabus
2. Practical RT examples which includes relative handouts with a quiz for each.
3. Plenty of classroom RT interaction
4. E-mail / Internet interaction.
5 Theoretical examination (passmark required – 75%)
7. Practical oral skills test (passmark required – 75%)
What happens if I do not pass these examinations?
• If you do not pass either the theoretical or practical assessments, then you will be allowed one more rewrite with that assessor/designated examiner.
• Should you still be found not yet competent on the rewrite then you will be directed to another designated examiner for further review.
What are the costs associated with this course?
General Radio Course: R850 (Non AFC Members) / R750 (AFC Members) per person (incl. VAT)
General Radio Practical Testing: R285 per person (incl. VAT)